• RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

School of Visual Arts

http://www.schoolofvisualarts.edu/grad/index.jsp?sid0=2&sid1=30

Interest: Reading what there program has to offer and is based around I feel that SVA NY would be the best for me in pursuit of a commercial photography career. I am interested in their idea of photograph being a tool to examine culture and the importance to society beyond art.

"As an innovative leader in teaching creative lens-based arts, our focus is to challenge traditional assumptions of how the mediums of photography and video are taught. We believe that photography is a universal matrix for the documentation of the world. The complexities of 21st-century cultural relationships-between and amongst photography and the fine arts, communications, sciences and the humanities-require examination and analysis in order to produce original imagery that stems from the exploration of these relationships. It is this quest that this program strives to cultivate."

They also offer a MPS Degree which might be a good fit for me if I choose to continue my education in a formal manner.

"The Master of Professional Studies (MPS) degree is an accredited graduate degree designed for professionals who seek a rigorous program to advance and sharpen specific skills with emphasis on real-world application and solutions. An MPS degree is ideal for working professionals to develop marketable skills to meet evolving career demands and expand promotional opportunities."

Faculty: Penelope Umbrico
http://www.penelopeumbrico.net/

Examining advertising, consumer culture and social interaction I feel she would be a great person to learn from. I really enjoyed her lecture when she visited VCU.





Alumni: Tina Schula
http://tinamachina.com/

"Born in Vienaa, Tina Schula lives and works in New York. Tina took up photography and continued to stage cinematic narratives, blending the personal, the political and fiction."


0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment